July 15–September 9, 2017 (9 weeks)
Mindfulness Integrated Cognitive Behavior Therapy (MiCBT) for Wellbeing and Growth was developed by Dr. Bruno Cayoun of the MiCBT Institute in Australia.
The Sumer 2017 Mindfulness Integrated Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Group—with Dr. Shahar Rabi, Registered Clinical Counsellor, and Saskia Tait, Registered Clinical Counsellor (Ph.D. Candidate, Contemplative Education)—uses evidence based methods to assist participants to:
- Develop focus and equanimity
- Challenge fears and avoidant behaviors
- Reduce reactivity and emotional suffering
- Increase body awareness
- Develop assertiveness
- Increase empathy
- Cultivate lovingkindness for yourself and others
- Develop self respect based on personal ethics
- Re-commit to a life of vitality.
MiCBT integrates the development of systematic mindfulness practice from the vipassana tradition with the best practices of cognitive behavioral therapy developed in Western medicine. This 8-week course provides professional, caring guidance in developing the skill sets for overcoming stuck patterns in your life.
Here's a summary of what's included in this course:
- 9 weekly 2-hour in-person training sessions
- MiCBT book by Bruno Cayman
- Downloadable MP3 audio recordings for meditation practice
- Course workbook
Before You Register:
- Please note that in order to benefit from MiCBT, you are expected to set aside 30 to 40 minutes for daily practice. Practice includes such activities as following audio-recordings of meditation practices, and bringing more awareness to daily actions.
- Participation is an important component of the program. If you need to miss more than one class, it would be preferable to sign up for a future class.
- Please be aware that some classes may include gentle mindful movement practices. During these activities, you are encouraged to move as much or as little as you are comfortable with. You assume all risk of damage or injury that may occur.
- Course fee: $390 (taxes included)*
- Receipts can be provided for extended health insurance coverage.
- To register, you may pay in full or place a deposit of 50% of the course fee ($195) with the balance due on the first day of the class. Course refunds are given for cancellations made up until two weeks before class start date, less a $50 processing fee. After that time, no refunds will be issued.
- Payment methods:
- Send an e-transfer ($195 or $390) to email@example.com
- Click button below to pay with any major credit card.
* We are committed to making this course accessible. Some sliding scale rates may be available for people who cannot afford to otherwise participate . Please email firstname.lastname@example.org inquire about sliding scale rates.