Conscious Counsel is a law firm which founded Yoga Law and operates a “Heart-Leading Law” approach to empowering and educating small and passionate business owners about how they can professionalize, grow and protect their business.
Join Cory Sterling of Conscious Counsel for a fun and informative afternoon workshop on Bowen Island, designed for yoga teachers and health and wellness professionals. Learn about:
- Corporate structure: What to choose, when and why? (sole proprietorship vs partnership vs incorporation)
- Partnership/Shareholder Agreements: Setting terms that fit the relationship.
- Waiver of Liability: The Essentials.
- Independent Contractors: What’s the difference and why should you care?
- Employees: Setting the expectations for the relationship from the start.
- Studio/Retreat/Festival Agreement: Everything you need to know!
- Insurance: Finally get your insurance policy!
- Intellectual Property: Use your IP to generate passive income!
The 2 hour talk led by Cory will conclude with a one hour yoga practice led by Chantal Russell, to help assimilate all of the empowering information shared.
This workshop designed for yoga teachers, massage therapists, trainers, counsellors, healers - anyone in the business of creating positive change in the world! Do not miss this amazing opportunity to learn how to take your small but powerful wellness business to the next level.
Cost: $40 (the CHEAPEST you’ll ever get a lawyer!)
The impetus for Yoga Law came from a lawyer deeply ingrained in the yoga community who saw that teachers, studio owners, teacher trainers, retreat runners and conference/festival organizers didn’t understand how the law works with their yoga business. And so, a niche was born! Since offering Yoga Law in 2016, they have helped hundreds of professionals protect their brands and build their businesses through best legal practices.