Friday, June 3, 7:30-9PM: Open public class
Saturday, June 4, 9:30AM-12:30PM & 7:30-9PM
Sunday, June 5, 9:30AM-12:30PM & 7:30-9PM
An introductory weekend on the Buddhist path of Liberation, called ‘Dharma’. This is a path of step by step instructions for the body and mind which is understandable, logical, direct and practical. The Dharma has been practiced successfully by hundreds of thousands of people in all walks of life and education for over 2,500 years.
Lama Mark Webber will begin by explaining the meaning of Dharma. Then we will be shown how to change our lives by unbinding and re-shaping our habit patterns; our motivations and intentions being the major shapers. Finally to understand why and where we are headed. With meditation and wholesome conduct in our lives, we can find the clear, unobstructed mind. This luminous clarity of mind is always present, it has just been hidden for a while. Lama Mark will suggest meditation practices, guide us through short meditation sessions, provide lots of instructions and give supportive handouts during these talks.
Dates & Times:
- Friday, June 3, 7:30-9PM: Open public class—everybody welcome. By donation.
- Saturday, June 4, 9:30AM-12:30PM & 7:30-9PM: Retreat participants. Please pre-register.
- Sunday, June 5, 9:30AM-12:30PM & 7:30-9PM: Retreat participants. Please pre-register.
- Friday night public class: By donation for Lama Mark.
- Weekend retreat (Saturday & Sunday): $45 program fee + donation for Lama Mark.
- Financial assistance may be available for those who cannot attend without. Please enquire if interested in applying.
- To pre-register for the weekend retreat, click below or email us at email@example.com
About Lama Mark
Lama Mark Webber (Lama Karma Tenpa Lekshe Yongdu) has been studying and teaching Buddha Dharma through the traditions of Buddhism for thirty-eight years. His universalist approach is classically founded in Buddhism and a number of meditative traditions, while completely integrated with contemporary life and the richness of modern Western culture. Through many vehicles—including Buddha Dharma and meditation, art and craft work, science and natural history, plus world travel—Lama Mark displays the wondrous unity, uniqueness and intrinsic freedom of all life.
His compassionate activities demonstrate a profound commitment to freeing beings from innumerable suffering states. Lama Mark’s emphasis with practitioners and students is on uncovering pure Dharma to reveal its extraordinary benefits and share the great joy of its deep study, meditative practices and integration into all aspects of our lives.
More information can be seen on the Biography of Lama Mark Webber.